After creating your restaurants and outlets, you'll need to add menus and items, then we'll approve them and take them live fast. You can create your menu in two ways, depending on your preference:
- Add your menu items one at a time, directly on the Menu Maker on the Restaurant Management app.
- Or you can add your menu items and modifiers in bulk on a google sheet and upload it to the Restaurant Management app. Click here to access the guide.
If you choose the 1st option, you'll find that this guide has all the necessary steps for you to successfully create your menus, items, and modifiers on the Restaurant Management app.
A glossary of all the fields relevant to the menu creation is available to you here.
- In the Menu Maker page, click Create New Menu.
- Add your menu name, then click Create.
- Click (+) to start adding Categories within your menu.
- Add the details of each Category, and the details of its Schedule. It's important to add the days of the week, and the start and end time period of each category to keep a smooth operation.
- Click Create.
- Click the (+) sign next to Items to add items under a specific category. Items can be dishes, drinks, etc.
- Add the item details, and ensure the item is linked to the correct category. If you've created multiple categories; for example, an "Eggs" category and a "Juices" category, you can toggle from one category to another to add items to it.
- Add a Modifier Group to allow customers to customize items when applicable. In our "Eggs Benedict" example, Modifier Groups could be "Cheeses", "Sides", "Sauces" etc. You can then add Modifier Items to your modifier groups; the following section explains how to add modifier items if you want to enable customization for an item.
- Add Modifier Items by clicking Assign Modifier Groups if applicable, then fill in the details. Modifier Groups contain different modifier items that belong to the same type. For instance, "Sauces" is a modifier group, and it would contain modifier items such as "Mustard", "mayonnaise", etc.
- Then, link the item to an already existing modifier item that you previously created, or create a new one by clicking Assign Modifier Item.
- To create a modifier item click Assign Modifier Items. Then fill in the details.
- then, click Create.
And finally, click Submit for Approval.