Once your account has been activated, you'll get access to the Restaurant Management app where you can add your restaurant(s) and outlet(s), as well as add and edit your menus & items. This is the first step to take before adding your menus and items.
This article covers the flow of:
- Restaurant Creation
- Outlet Creation
Let's start by determining the difference between a "Restaurant" and an "Outlet".
- A restaurant represents your restaurant brand; for instance, "Pizza Social".
- An outlet is each individual branch of your restaurant located in a specific area. For example, you could have two outlets of "Pizza Social", one in Dubai Mall, and the other in Business Bay.
Note: The Restaurant Management app allows you to create several restaurants and outlets.
1. Creating a Restaurant
- In the Restaurant Management app, click Add New Restaurant.
- Then, add your restaurant name.
- Create another restaurant if needed, or go ahead and create outlets for that specific restaurant.
2. Creating an Outlet
After you create a restaurant, you can follow the below steps to add one, or more outlets depending on the number of branches your restaurant has:
1. In the Restaurant Management App, click Create New Outlet.
2. Then click Create an Outlet.
- Start adding the outlet’s details in all the fields.
- Then, click Change Location to add your Outlet Location on the map.
- Add the full address of the outlet in the Outlet Location field.
It's very important that you accurately position the location drop-pin on the map as
that's what we'll rely on to reach your outlet to collect orders.
- Then upload:
- The Outlet Hero Image, this is the picture that will be associated with this specific outlet, and that'll appear on the outlet's home page, and in the search results.
- And the Outlet Banner Images, these are the pictures that will appear at the top of your outlet page when customers select and open your outlet.
Accepted picture format and size:
- Picture format: JPEG, and PNG
- Picture size: 1080 x 492
- Continue to fill out the details; you'll find the definition of each field in the glossary below the image.
- Finally, activate your outlet by ticking the box labelled "This outlet is currently accepting orders".
And while adding an outlet, you'll also have the option on the outlet creation page to directly add a menu that will be automatically linked to the outlet. Click here to find out all the steps to create a menu.
An outlet can only be linked to one menu at a time. A menu is constituted of several
categories that you can tie to different schedules in order to run them at a specific time.
Menu name: Everyday Menu
Categories: Breakfast, Lunch, Combo Meals, Happy Hour, Dinner, etc.
- And finally click Submit for Approval.